• No products in the cart.

German media report that a fire in a waste recycling centre was quickly extinguished by the fire brigade. What they do not mention, but we have learned from EFSN member Tim Neuman, is that this facility suffered major fires in 2012 and 2016. Not only that but this fire started at night on 28 June just 12 days after commissioning a new sprinkler system. CCTV video suggest it was caused by an exploding battery inside paper collected for recycling. The fire was controlled by just two spray sprinklers. Employees moved the debris outside using mechanical loaders, where it was firefighters completed extinguishment.

Fires in recycling centres are a common occurrence and many have now fitted sprinklers to protect the facility.